As I move into the final
stages of working these two paintings - the anticipation and excitement is
building as I see them settling into the "zone" I have been hoping for. It is
a place of "I like what I see" and the anxiety of creating two masterpieces
that will be liked by all, may or may not be the case, but for the most part -
the paintings are exemplary of well
put together models, possessing breed characteristics that are definitely in
the ballpark.
I have started moving the
paintings around the studio as I work. Being too close to a painting while you are working it can sometimes be
difficult to really see the composition as a whole and get the overall feeling
for correct balance, color pattern and
overall accuracy. In the final stages,
it is important to stand back frequently to get that distant "look." You see things differently from a distance
than you do close up.
Standing the two paintings
side by side to compare them to each other, is also important as I rework and
tweak the backgrounds of the paintings. Even though they should both be unique and different from each other, it
is important to have good continuity between the two, as they will hang side by
side.
In summary, the project is
going great. I already have names in
mind for this cow and bull! I guess "naming them" really wasn't in the job description for this project...but I
just can't help feeling a personal attachment to them, and just think giving
them a name is the right thing to do...for now...back to painting.
Thanks for reading....
Bonnie
No comments:
Post a Comment