| Celebrating June Dairy month with a Milk Mustache contest (on the Bonnie Mohr Studio Facebook) is Artist Bonnie and her girls! |
June Dairy Month! One of
the best months of the year. The sky is blue today, and I can hear the
birds singing and the sound of John cutting the meadow grass through the open
windows of my studio. I am winding down to my last days of painting on
the new Ideal Holstein Cow and Bull! This is a very exciting time for me
: ) , as I clearly remember the day I sat down to the large blank
canvases. It marks the conclusion of a six month painting journey on the
biggest “cow painting project” of my career. I am relieved and thrilled
with the results, and very excited for the unveiling as the National Holstein
Convention draws near.
This past week was spent doing
the “finish work,” glazing, and tweaking on both paintings.....my plans are to
be completely done in about 2-3 days. The committee has given their final
blessing for both of the paintings, and so the hours of work that remain are
just the details that I personally want to finish to make them “perfect.”
Some of the final adjusting is done through a process called “glazing,” which
is a thin layer of transparent clear medium, mixed with a very little paint to
give a slight adjustment to the color temperature of any part of the
painting. For example, some of the highlights on the black areas of the
animals seem too “cool,” so I will apply glaze with a warmer color over the top
of them.
Once the paintings are
completely finished, the next steps will be getting color separation work going
(in Minneapolis), framing, and working on the transportation of the paintings
to the convention, as well as details for the unveiling. There will be
signed/numbered limited edition prints as well as canvas giclees available on
both the cow and bull. Details will be posted on the Holstein Association web site, as well as Bonnie Mohr Studio web site, in the near future, with a
ship date of around August 1.
This may or may not be my last
blog....but if it is, I just end with a warm "THANK YOU" and note of appreciation
to the Holstein Association who have given me this opportunity and to all the
members of the Holstein Association who have given this project a
purpose! My kindest regards to all of you in your continued quest to
foster the dairy industry with good genetics and a great product. It is
my sincere hope that the newly created Ideal Holstein Cow and Bull will be to
your liking and satisfaction!
Thanks for reading.......
Bonnie Mohr
No comments:
Post a Comment